UPDATE: Due to Litigation All Closure Procedures Have Been Stopped. The Transition Team Will Not Be Able to Host a Teacher/Staff Recruitment Fair, Although One Had Been Set for April 6, 2017. There Were a Number of Schools with Staffing Needs Who Were Planning to Come.
- What type of support is being provided for staff to assist them in finding jobs?
The Sponsor will host a Job Fair for staff on February 16, 2018, time TBD. They are also bringing in resource people to help staff with resume development and interview skills.
- If there is a new charter, is there a possibility I will be considered for a new job?
If a new charter is approved, you would have to follow whatever hiring process is established by the new charter.
- What is the last work day for school staff?
Teachers are scheduled to work until May 22, 2019, which is also, the last day for students. We may have to ask teachers to work two additional days until May 24 to close the school out, especially since there will not be any summer school this year. These dates could be revised based upon snow days.
- When will my final paycheck be issued?
The last check would be deposited on or before June 30, 2018.
- When will my benefits end?
Benefits will end on June 30, 2018.
- When and where will retirement information be available?
For retirement information, contact the Kansas City Public School Retirement System. (www.kcpsrs.org)
- Can I get a copy of my personnel file from this year?
Yes, you can request a copy of your personnel file for this year from your building administrator.
8. Will there be a need for janitorial and computer services after the last day for teachers?
There will likely be a need for janitorial and computer services after the last day. The Transition Team will be examining these issues over the coming week and will be updating staff accordingly.